- About Chrysalis
- Community Links
- Contact Us
Foundations of Wicca
Sometimes called, a “Year and a Day” course, the Foundations course will take the student through Three Trimesters (Trines) of 9 class meetings each –Iron, Stone, and Wood – 27 classes total, with the final class being a continuation ritual written entirely by students. Classes will include discussion, lecture, homework, crafting, meditation, and may span more than one session. Read this page and then contact us.
Foundations will include different levels of knowledge taught depending on class, and even within classes, a different level for individual subjects. Awareness Familiarity Competence Mastery
Subjects are an indeterminate number of weeks based on subject matter and interest level.
Orientation, Study Skills, and Ethics
- Orientation: Attendance, fees, expectations, etc.
- Homework: Makeup work, extra-curricular work, suggested booklist, responsibilities and etiquette, behavior, how to credit your study material.
- Ethics: Wiccan Rede, Consequences, Karma, Philosophy, Re-incarnation – (I.E. Hindu vs. Wiccan) (Includes addition to Book of Shadows – Wiccan Rede with interpretation)
- History: Comparative Traditions, Re-constructionists, Cults- Ancient and Modern definitions, Bonewits ABC chart, Charges of the God/Goddess, Burning Times (Witch Trial), Anthropology.
Elements and Correspondences
- Description, Comparative systems of elements – Chinese, Native American, etc. vs. Wiccan, Laws of Magick by Simon Magus (the Law of Association), Science of The Craft. Elementals, Animals, Directions, Times of day, Seasons, Aspects, Colors (Includes addition to Book of Shadows – Table of your own)
Wheel of the Year – Sabbats
- Sabbats: (Includes addition to Book of Shadows – Wheel with personal interpretation)
Wheel of the Year – Esbats
- Esbats, Moons: Full, New, Dark, Blue, Black; Rites of Passage
- Magickal timings: God and Goddess times of year, astrological elements (Includes addition to Book of shadows of Phases of Moon with personal interpretation)
- Physical tools: Care and Feeding, Selection, Attuning, Charging, Cleansing, Disposal
- Tools of the Craft: Wands, Staffs, Dowsing Rods; Swords, Athames, Bolines, Cauldron, Chalice, Wells, Vessels, Bowls, Pentacle (Iron Warrior), Stones, Crystals, Robes, Ritual Jewelry, Scourge, Cords.
- Natural World and Ethereal Plane: Using, Sensing, Chakras, Grounding, Centering, Shielding, Balancing, Raising, Releasing, Cleansing, Healing (Synergy with others); People, Elementals, Familiars, Nature, Spirits
Herbs and Stones
- Grow, Cultivate, Harvest, Store, Use; Forms: Parts of the plant, dried, fresh, preserved; Tincture, Oils, Incense; Purposes: Medicinal, Poisonous, Contraindications and Cautions, Magical, Culinary; Correspondences to Elements, Deities, Astrology
- Gods, Goddesses; Comparative Pantheons; Mythical Creatures; Elementals (basic), Archetypes; invoking and releasing.
Meditation and Trance
- Basic Meditation Techniques; Discussion of Drawing Down; Pathworking; Discussion of Aspecting; Journeying; Daily Practice
- Dream work, Astrology (timings-wheel), Shamanic Stone Divination, Shamanic Divination, Tarot, Scrying, Pendulums, Runes (Witch, Oghams, Nordic, and otherwise)
- Timing, Correspondences, Ethics, Intent, Consequences
- The typical formation of ritual: Preparation as part of energy raising, Creating Sacred Space, Asperging, Annointing, Smudging, Casting Circle, Invoking Elements, Evoking Deities, Grounding/Centering Statement of Ritual Intent, Ritual Working, Celebration, Meditation, Cakes and Ale, Devoking Deities, Releasing Elements, Opening Circle, Feasting.
- Energy raising through Bardic Arts: Mythic Drama, Chant, Poetry, Song, Drumming, Music, Dance
|Suggested Library for students
Complete Book of Witchcraft-
Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner-
True Magic- and Ritual Craft- Amber K
Crystal Bible- Judy Hall
Path of the Shaman- Michael Harner
Rituals of the Dark Moon- Gail Wood
Creating Circles and Ceremonies-
Current year We’Moon
365 Goddess- Patricia Telesco
Trance-Portation- Diana Paxson
Drawing Down the Moon- Margot Adler
Science of the Craft- William H. Keith
Triumph of the Moon- Ronald Hutton
Dark Side of Christian History-
Aradia: Gospel of the Witches-
Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients-
Garden Witchery- Ellen Dugan
Astrology Bible- Judy Hall
Teacher- suggested reference books-
1+ per class.
Drumming Down The Sun
continued in 2016!
See the information about this June 18th event
Courses now in progress -
For Local Pagan Events, see the
Chrysalis Circle is a Wiccan (Eclectic Tradition) studies and teaching coven local to the Denver, CO metropolitan area.
Chrysalis is the process by which caterpillars become Moths and Butterflies. We too must transform and grow.
Chrysalis Circle Pages
- About Chrysalis
- Community Links
- Contact Us